Thursday, December 3, 2015

Reflection



Reflection

This will not answer the statement directly but in my personal opinion all of these modules will be beneficial to my future career. I will be certified to teach grades 1-5th. With that being said, Module 4: Multimedia,  I would definitely use Youtube and TeacherTube to find videos that support my lesson. For example, when teaching theme, The Princess and Frog and Nemo are two good movies with several clips to support the topic. Module 5: Evaluation and Assessment, included Quizlet. Quizlet could provide me questions from host portals that can be included within my lessons and test. I could create a set of flashcards for the students so they can study at home. Module 6: Collaboration, included DropBox and Poll Everywhere. I really liked these two programs because I have never used them nor been exposed to their software. Dropbox would allow me to create work at home and just pull it up instantly at work. Poll Everywhere would let my students vote on what they wanted for their class treat for example from home. Module 7: Virtual Learning had one of the best tools ever Wix. With Wix you can create your own class website and include any additional information for your students and visiting teachers. Module 8: Visual Learning included popular programs like Pinterest and Flickr. I personally like to use Pinterest to find supporting activities for my lessons,  manipulatives and cute DIY (do it yourself) activities. Flickr provides an abundance of pictures for the lessons and/or topics. Module 9: Whiteboard Technology covers one of the most essential items to a classroom in today's society. With ActiveInspire/Promethium it has prepared SmartBoard activities that correlate with your lesson. For a first year teacher, I think that is great and will be very beneficial. Trying to work that piece of equipment alone and learning all the software it posses will be challenging.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job with your blog: 85/100
    Late Post: Blog post 6 (Virtual Learning) 5/10
    Missing Post: Blog Post 2 (UDL) 0/10

    ReplyDelete